Get to know the Green Market
Our house will have 43 flats and a number of common rooms where we regularly want to spend time together cooking, being creative, playing, tending our gardens or to simply hang out and relax.
Welcome to “Wohnen im Grünen Markt” (Green Market). We are glad that you’re interested in our co-housing project.
We are a colorful community. Families, individuals, with lots of different interests and talents. We want to shape parts of our life and our environment together.
Our house is being built in a new, exciting area of Vienna, close to the Hauptbahnhof (main station). There will be a park, a boulevard with cafés, offices and cultural places for everyone and there are also going to be some other co-housing communities there.
The ‘Grüne Markt’ stands for sustainability, tolerance, creativity and openness for new ideas. Our house is a lively space and supports diverse concepts of living.
Now we are close to moving in in June 2019. And we are very much looking forward to it. And – we have a few units in different shapes and sizes still available, so check out the floor plans (the descriptions are in German, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com for more information!).
Are you interested in living in a co-housing project? Let us present some key facts about our housing project:
- We use Sociocracy as our organisational structure (find more information in English on The Sociocracy Group’s site)
- We count on our members to contribute about 10 hours (on average) community work per month (eg. organisation, finance, gardening, cooking, events, etc.)
- The house is owned by the building cooperative „Neues Leben“ (engl.: New Life)
- Neues Leben charges:
- monetary resources (german: Eigenmittel) of € 700,- / utility value (German: Nutzwert, approximately equal to the number of square meters) of your apartment – refundable upon moving out
- a rent of € 11,62 / utility value of the apartment you choose per month (not including heating and electricity)
- a joining fee of € 360,- per tenant
- We (the co-housing society „Wohnen im Grünen Markt“) ask for financial contributions of:
- a joining fee of € 2500,- per adult member. Among others, we pay our architect with that, and compensate the huge amount of work done by earlier members.
- € 2700,- per adult member to equip our common rooms
- € 40,- per month per adult member to rent the common rooms exclusively
- The flats have no kitchens pre-installed.
Get in touch!
Almost every week there is a “Grätzltreffen” (neighbourhood meeting), construction site walk or community meeting. There is time to see the house and talk about all the details. Check out our calendar for the next upcoming one. Please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to join a meeting or for any questions!